11.17.2014

looking up

IMG_6278.JPG
IMG_6282.JPG
IMG_6279.JPG
These two crack me up.  Everyday.

In this newborn phase, I feel like I am playing catch-up all day long. But I never really get there... never catch up.  It is a blurry, exhausting, survival mode kind of time over here.  There are moments where I feel like I am doing everything wrong, and what I am not doing wrong already should have been done yesterday.  It is a time of "just making it" and constantly praying for patience, 30 minutes of more sleep, and 60 seconds of quiet.  

Then I stop and look up because these two crazy monkeys are trying to get my attention.  I make myself take a deep breath and decide to forget that I haven't showered in a while.  I just sit still. I sit and let these two entertain me with a puppet show over the back of the couch.  

It was a great show.

1 comment:

Julia Goolia said...

Yes. Exactly.

Hang in there, mama. You are doing a fantastic job with three littles!