10.21.2010

Dinner

We had guests for dinner last night...

... guests that love food and love to cook.

Cooking for people who love to cook makes me excited...

and very nervous.

I tried a new recipe, and it was fabulous!

I wanted a garlic and herb marinated chicken - without using a pre-made marinade.  
(I was a pre-made junkie back in the day... I am trying to get away from packaged foods.)

I liked this recipe, but needed to make a lot of tweaks...  I wanted mixed herbs and I wanted lemon... so I came up with this...

Lemon, Garlic and Herb Marinade
for about 2-3 pounds of meat

1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 onion grated
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp oregano 
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp rosemary

Mix and coat chicken (or pork) and let soak in the fridge for 2 hours at least.  
I started ours at at 8:00 am for about a 8 hour soak.

We grilled the chicken with the veggies above.

I made some quinoa and spiked it with pesto.

I bought jarred pesto... it was good.

The chicken was outstanding.  Lick your fingers good.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

OK, I am reading this at work, which is a mistake, because I am STARVING and this looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness this will be on the menu next week! Thanks for sharing! We had stuffed peppers tonight!!