5.18.2010

Dressing Dilemmas

There are maternity clothes, then there are the post-baby clothes... but one thing I was not really versed in was the "I want to wear normal clothes again and still be able to nurse Eva" clothes.

Nursing tops - at least the ones I have - have such a deep V in the neck that I might as well have bright red neon lights blinking "cleavage" "cleavage" over my head.

As a result, I have been in a constant rotation of these tank tops from Target. I bought them in a size larger so I can pull the neck down. I wear one almost 6 days a week with a jacket or a cardigan.

This weekend - I wanted to wear a dress. I love dresses. I picked out one of my favorites, I put it on, picked out the accessories and was feeling really cute... I almost walked out the door when it hit me...

... to feed Eva, I would have to pull the dress up from the hem - up to my neck! I think that image puts public indecency ahead of my right to nurse. (and is quite hilarious.)

So I need a dress... that I can be covered in and have easy access. I think this one is perfect...

and with this as a scarf/shaw/nursing cover combo...

Seriously, this American Apparel scarf is crazy amazing... Once I found it - I realized it has been everywhere on the web - skirt, dress, top...

I am so lucky to have an AA store just down the road.

Now I just need to break my "non-spending money because I am quiting my job" rule, and find time to get to both stores without feeling guilty.

hmmm - there is the real dilemma.

1 comment:

Justine said...

i have this SAME dilemma. every. single. day. i think nursing clothes are so.....revealing. just because i need to use my boobies to nurse, does not mean i want to show my boobies when i'm NOT nursing......but you found a very cute alternative!