9.03.2010

Summer Salad

We had friends over for dinner. Michael was breaking-in the new grill. After 2 years without a grill (or even an outside space) he was very excited to cook and have everyone over.

He grilled and I threw together a salad. The salad was yummy, the grilled food was even better.
Spinach and Peach Salad
1 bag baby spinach
1/2 medium red onion sliced thin
1/2 cup of nuts... I had some sliced almonds so in they went
1/4 cup cheese... we had some asiago
3 ripe peaches

Dressing
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup vinegar... I used rice wine
1 teaspoon dry mustard... I have used wholegrain or even yellow from the fridge
1 teaspoon onion grated... I have used powder in a pinch but fresh is best
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 cup of oil... olive oil for me
salt and pepper

  • I have made this same salad with arugula, red lettuce and spring mix. I have used apples, pears or strawberries in place of the peaches. Apples and walnuts with swiss cheese... yummy.

I am not cooking tonight... Michael and I are going on a date... without Eva. This hasn't happened since July. I think we are due. Is it weird that I am still nervous about leaving Eva?

I am also giddy about going... I have changed my outfit choice 3 times now and the hair appliances are heating...

No comments: