1.20.2011

Bliss

I unsubscribed from Kate Spade emails today.  

Way back when...
when I had a well paying job, when it was just us two
when I was working 60 plus hours a week 
and shopping from a hotel room in the middle of no where Illinois...
when there was a great clearance sale...
I bought a bag.

I had some birthday gift cards and free shipping.
Did I mention the great clearance sale?

Since then, I haven't really loved many things... until now.
I opened an email... and followed it to the web site and...
saw this lovely framed polka-dot cute as a button purse.
It has a mama strap too...
and cost way way too much.

I do not need it, and I can't have it... 
and I would not be thinking about it for hours (days) if I never knew it existed.

I unsubscribed to about a dozen other emails too...
just for good measure.

Ignorance is bliss.

1 comment:

from mel said...

i did that recently too. i'm tired of getting offers that are almost too good to pass up, but i need to. that bag is really cute, but way to go, you.