5.28.2011

Monster Version 1.4

IMG_0750

One year and four months.

You think you are much older than that.

At the playground you try to hang out with the big kids.
You run up to a group of 6 and 7 year olds ready to play.
You pop your head into their conversation...
"Hi"... you say.

They stop and look at you...
usually greeting you with "Hi Baby."

You look behind you...
you look beside you...
hands palm up in question.
What baby?

You start talking....
"blagblag abll tszablfriump tikawack."
Making hand gestures.

Clearly you are engaging them in important social discussions...
but they, like me, are way behind in learning toddler speak...
and  they move on to a game of freeze tag.

You look so sad.
I know it is hard to understand...
soon little monster.

Other than those moments...
that split second of confusion and irritation... 
which is always related to conversation...
you are the happiest baby in the world!

Grumpy only happens when you are hungry or tired. 
The super tantrums are almost all gone now.

You sing and dance.
Scream and shout.

IMG_0752


It is almost embarrassing to take you to the grocery.
Not because you act up and cry.
No, not our monster.

You sing and shout...
calling out "hi" to every person that passes.
If people get close enough...
you even reach out and grab them.

You are always seeking out other people.
Talking to them.
They can't resist you.

Because of that...
your super shy mommy is surrounded by people all the time.
Stopping to meet you...
talk to you.

Even though small talk makes me nervous...
I am so glad.


After all my years of struggling with being social...
learning how to talk to people I don't know...
lectures and classes on leading and teaching.

You have brought me out of my shell...
way more than anyone else ever could.

Eva monster, your amazing.
You are so full of life and love.

You are a little picky eater...
but we are working around that.

You climb everything.
You love the stairs...
and you have been practicing them any chance you get.

We can be at a huge play ground with slides and bridges...
you stick to the stairs, practicing.

Daddy and I think that you are almost ready for some gate moving.
Putting the gate a third of the way up so that you have some room to try....
but not high enough to give your mommy a heart attack.

IMG_0755

You still think your belly button is the greatest thing ever...
it probably is...
at least for me and you.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Isn't it amazing how these little ones can help us overcome being shy? I love it!

Nikki said...

She is so big, and she's looking a lot more like her dad.

Marla said...

I love the belly button shots.

And how cute is her social-ness. She just wants to play. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Carol said...

Nessa - this is so sweet! Isn't it amazing how God gives us children with a completely different personality/skill set then our own? My little is boisterous and I often admire that about her, because I am not. It appears you have a similar blessing.

I love how babies love their bellies, always ready to point to them and show them - so adorable!