1.02.2012

Blur


027

• The last few weeks have flew by and here we are... a day into 2012. What a blur.  I am still soaking up family time and on the computer a lot less.  I had a remarkable +1000 unread posts in reader and marked them all a read.  I will catch up with everyone a little at a time.  I promise.

• The Christmas tree is coming down tonight.  I am going to have to wait until the monster is asleep.  She gets upset when the lights are turned off.  There might be a string of lights left out for her room this year.

• I am working on what I am going to aim for in 2012.  I had a long list before the holidays.  After some thought, the list is going to be a lot shorter.  Sometimes I set myself up for failure by trying to get it all done just so... 

• Spent the weekend with friends and it was nice.  Good friends.  The ones that you don't have to create conversation, where silence isn't uncomfortable, where the kids are interchangeable and you might have yours or theirs in your arms and it is just fine.  It was a good weekend.

• I am almost 13 weeks along with Deedle.  Amazing how time has flown.  There have been some moments where I think I might have lost my mind, but the majority of the time I am so excited I can barely stand it.

• One particular moment I was hugging the toilet.  Eva was destroying something in our bedroom.  I heard a crash and the monster laugh... you know that special laugh.  The I-have-made-a-gigantic-mess laugh.  I put my head down in my hands.   I saw my feet.  I had miss-matched socks on and puke spots on my pajama pants.  It was almost noon.  I sat there on the floor and questioned my sanity.  I am told this is complete normal... thanks Heidi.

• It is finally snowing.  Sticking to the ground and making the world a little white and sparkly.  Happy New Year everyone.


and then, she {snapped}


 

10 comments:

Megan said...

The head in a toilet thing...I can relate. When I was pregant with #3, throwing up...my 1 year old would come WATCH me. I hated it while my oldest got into everything.

Kelly said...

I love that picture :) Can you believe it's 2012 and we're about to have two year olds? When did that happen? Hopefully the next few weeks will bring an end to the toilet hugging oxox

Heidi said...

Love to you, Nessa.

Adrienne said...

Tree's just come down here. sigh. sorry for the nausea...and the mess in the bedroom...and that it happened all at once. sigh. Glad you had such special family time ~ there's nothing like it. And for what it's worth, I love that you're thinking about keeping out a strand of lights!

Courtney said...

Bless your heart. Hang in there - totally worth it. Happy New Year to you. Blessings!

Unknown said...

A good weekend with friends is the best! Hoping you don't have anymore toilet hugging moments in the near future!! Love the photo!

grey rose (they/them) said...

sounds lovely, nessa!
and congrats!

rachel said...

happy new year!

Amanda said...

I'm pretty sure I ALWAYS have 1000+ unread posts. Just can't keep up with people who post every day! Goodness :) Happy 2012!

Carol said...

Joyous news, my friend!! I missed a lot while on my hiatus. Congratulations to you, Nessa. I can not imagine a mother better cut out for the joys of 2!