4.15.2015

April 11th - moments

Saturday, April 11, 2015

1:15 am or so
I am up feeding Helena - she goes right back to sleep but I don't.  I hate that.  I start a load of laundry in the washer (laundry is a sure fire way to make your self tired right?) and lay down.  The last time I looked at the clock it was a little after 2:00.

4:30 am
Alarm goes off to change Theo.  We are struggling with keeping him and his bed dry through the night.  So far, changing him has helped him sleep better and wake up with a dry bed.  Right now I remember I want to do a day-in-our-life post and why not today.

5:37 am
Helena is up wanting her morning snack.  We both go right back to sleep.


7:00 am
Micheal's alarm goes off!  We rarely make it to the alarm going off so hooray! Ten minutes later the big kids wake up.  Mike heads out to get them going with morning milk and snuggles. I am baby snuggling trying to sneak in a few more minutes of sleep.
Untitled

7:20 am
Helena is slapping me in the face and laughing so I give in.  Head into the living room to see the kiddos and find Eva and her daddy snuggling on the couch.  I add one baby to the mix and Micheal heads back to get ready to leave for work.
Untitled
Untitled

7:30 am
Breakfasts and more breakfasts.  Make coffee and snack on an apple while refilling kiddos bowls.
Eva loves purple pillows (blueberry shredded wheat), but only the ones that are properly iced.  Switch the load of laundry I started at 2:00 am like and insane person.
Untitled

7:40 am
Michael heads in to work.  He asks me why I am taking so many pictures.  He's riding his bike today and tells me not to take any pictures of him riding.  I am not a great listener.
Untitled

8:02 am
Set the kids up on the computer while I feed Helena.  Eva is on Nick Jr. teaching Theo.  He is not being a very good listener and he keep apologizing.  Sorry Mrs. Eva Sister, Sorry.
Untitled
Untitled

8:20 am
While getting some breakfast for me, I realize the drawbacks to having a tub of worms in the fridge.  Especially with a teeny tiny crack in the lid.  They have escaped!!!  I feel bad gathering them up and sticking them back in their "cage" and promise them they will get set free today.  SO I spend the next  20 minutes de-worming and disinfecting the fridge while texting Michael and Carri (the worm gifter) about the great escape.
Untitled

8:42 am
Dress the kiddos.  We are teaching Theo to dress himself and he is hilarious with it because he hates to be without his shirt.   Switch the laundry again.  Get Helena happy in her exersaucer while I get things folded, change the sheets and make the bed.
Untitled
Untitled
9:10 am
Set the big kids up coloring and I put Helena down for her nap.  I have been trying her morning nap in Theo's crib making the slow transition to full-timer.
Untitled
Untitled

9:45 am
Get the kitchen cleaned up, make a smoothie and get lunches started. Clean the master bath, take a shower and get myself dressed.  Workout clothes for the win.  We plan on a T25 session when Michael gets home.  I left my hair in the towel too long and it dried in a crazy spiked-all-over way.  #shorthairproblems
Untitled
Untitled

11:20 am
Helena is up and we head to the park.  Eva runs into a bunch of friends from school and Helena has her lunch while we soak up the sunshine.
Ditl
Ditl

12:37 pm
Back home.  Grab our lunches and eat out on the patio.
Ditl

1:15 pm
Michael is home! The kiddos are playing outside with him.  I put the laundry away and make up a batch of seasoned salt.  We ran out with my lunch and I use it on everything.
Untitled
2:05 pm
Theo's napping and I get Helena down for her afternoon nap too.  Michael and I have our date with Shaun T and Total Body Circuit.
Ditl

2:45 pm
We are out doing yard work.  Theo wakes up and I end up wearing Helena in the carrier. We do some work on the raised beds we put together and Michael mows.
Ditl
Ditl
Ditl

 4:05 pm
Our neighbor is chopping wood and Theo is in heaven watching him "bust the logs!" We play with the worms one last time and they go back to the garden.
Ditl
Ditl
Ditl

4:30 pm

Michael heads back to work for an overnight shift. I get the kids settled into a little TV.  I pop the pizza in the oven for our pizza party and get a shower.  Cleaning it as I go.
Ditl
Ditl

5:15 pm
While the pizza is cooling I clean the hall bathroom. I get the movie up and running on Netflix - Ferngully.  We all four set down and enjoy the food and movie.
Ditl
Ditl

7:35 pm
The kids are getting ready for bed.  We brush teeth, sing songs, and sing more songs.
Ditl
Ditl

8:27 pm
After a few return trips to threaten retuck and encourage the kids into bed... all is quiet.  A happy Helena and I fold a load of laundry.  A feed, swaddle and rocking of our baby girl is next.  
Ditl
Ditl

8:55 pm
Helena is asleep.  I make some popcorn and settle in with Netflix.  Parenthood is on docket and although it makes me cry - I really like it.  
Ditl
Ditl

10:05 pm
I am in bed and soon asleep.  Helena didn't wake up until 12:30... 
so that was our whole day.

No comments: