6.21.2015

PopPop

IMG_6552.JPG
Their Poppy and my dad.

I am so happy about how my babies love their PopPop... or their papaw, poppy and grandpa Don. 
He loves them unconditionally and always waiting to spoil them rotten.  Their grandpa is amazing.  They know it and love him with all their hearts.  I am so very lucky that I get to call him dad.

When you are 15 years old, and your dad is grounding you - again... it is so easy to forget.
You forget the love, the concern and the whole "your child is your heart beating outside your body" issues that make things crazy.  You think that his job is easy, until you have it.

So thank you dad...
for all the early mornings, late nights, crappy jobs, middle of the night store runs, the hours in the ER or urgent care, car hunting, driving lessons, home repair, babysitting, pick-ups and drop-offs, baby holding, grand kids loving, hardware store runs, broken window repairing... I could go on for days, but you get the idea.

You told Michael the other day how much you love, appreciate and respect him.  He was a little speechless but tried to say how he feels about you.  I know we could never tell you, but you and mom mean the world to us and our gang.  Watching you and mom - the unconditional love you guys have for each other - it has taught Michael and I the most about being married than anyone else.

We love you to the moon and back... and back again.
Happy Father's Day!




No comments: