4.19.2010

Saturday

We had no plans, no visits to make and no visitors arriving. A weekend of just Deedle and her keepers.

Michael and I took her on her first hike. It was gorgeous outside and all the trees were starting to change their buds into tiny leaves. Eva slept the entire time in her sling. She did not even wake long enough to realize she was outside. So much for the nature exposure we had planned.

We finally broke down and bought a new laptop. The old one was really running on fumes. Until the new one was up and running, I did not realize how slow the old one had become. We had "old trusty" for almost 6 years. We bought is upgraded, newer, faster little brother.
It runs like a dream. Why did we wait so long? Oh Yeah, because buying this baby was a splurge of money... but oh so worth it.

During our shopping trip - I also tried briefly to find some new jeans. It was an effort not rewarded. I felt worse after the attempt than I did before. I am not bigger than I was before Eva - things just aren't the same. With these changes - I have been really feeling crappy in my clothes.

I know I need to tone up and things would start getting back in place. Exercise is the only thing that is going to take the jiggle away. The problem comes with having to decide on the other priorities in my life. Mainly spending time with Deedle.

When she is awake - the very last thing I want to do is to do something other than spend time with her. During the week, we are up at 5:00 a.m. and leave the house at 6:30 a.m. I pick her up around 5:15 p.m. and we are home for the evening at 6:30 p.m.

My new plan is to work out both weekend days, and on week night. I wish I could say that I could wake up early, but Eva's morning meal is so iffy and this mommy is so groggy, I know it would not happen. I think I can push and make it one night. I have to at least try.

It is having an effect on how I feel about myself so much. All I want to do is cover up and stay covered up. I have never been one of the most confident people, but I don't even feel comfortable in clothes sometimes... let alone without them. I need to do this for me.

No comments: