7.26.2010

Yumm

Having dinner with friends we made grilled Mahi-Mahi with black bean salsa found here... the fish was great but this salsa was amazing.

I made some alterations - so here it is my way...

Black Bean Salsa

  • 3 cups cherry tomatoes - quartered
  • 1 small red onion - diced
  • 1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1 jalapeno - diced
  • juice of one lime - 2 tablespoons
  • juice of one orange - 3 tablespoons
  • cayenne pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
  • Salt
The fish marinade included orange juice - so I put some in the salsa and it was so SO good. The sweet with the heat from the jalapeno complimented each other. i added the cayenne because by taste the salsa wasn't as spicy as I wanted. After the salsa sat for a few hours and the jalapeno really broke down - it was MUCH hotter than right after it was made. I still think I would leave the pepper in because of the smoky flavor it adds.

No comments: