12.12.2010

Bits...

So today it snowed...
not a blizzard as some have to face...
just a few inches.
But for Ohio, this is a snow storm.

I needed milk and cereal, well, Michael needed his breakfast foods.
I (to the disapproval of my husband) find it completely okay to eat dinner leftovers for breakfast...
he likes his cereal.
It disturbs him when I eat dinner food for breakfast, especially Chinese...
I think it is funny.

In addition, the fur babies were out of food... they are way too cute to starve.

So the monster and I headed out - just a quick grab and pay trip... right?

By the looks of the parking lot, everyone needed milk...
and by the looks of their shopping carts...
the rest of our area was planning for the apocalypse, not just a few inches of snow.

Did you know that before a hurricane, that frosted strawberry Poptart sales rise 7 times their normal rate?

I thought of that fact when trying to get our cart into the cereal isle.  
It was brimming over with people.
We couldn't get in.
I left Eva in the cart at the end of the isle and ran to grab a few boxes and back out...
she thought it was funny.

There was also a shortage of fire wood that had people freaking... 
as in call the manager and I am not leaving the store until I get a bundle... freaking.

They guy in front of me in line had 5 pineapples and cases of Sprite...

FIVE pineapples??  

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love this post, people are so weird. My mom and I were once behind a dude and his girl at Mrs. Fields Cookies and he ordered 6 snickerdoodles and then turned to his girlfriend and said "You want one?" Then to the cashier, "Make that 7." We laughed then and for years after.

Stay warm!

Jules said...

That'll teach you to stockpile!!

I went swimming today. It was so HOT for December. Go figure.

Nikki said...

Hilarious. I think it's so funny how people freak out over a little snow.