1.15.2011

Aim: make plans

Making plans...

I was so good at this at work.  
I planned, adapted, decided, and executed.
I did this for me and my 6 fulltime and 48 part time employees...
who were spread out across 8 states and 2 time zones.

It was almost seamless...
and when something went wrong, it was fixed rapid fire.
My boss loved me because I could get things done.
I was organized.

Why I am now disorganized mess?
There is just 3 of us.
One address.
One time zone.

Well, I had no plan an I had no clue where to start.
So I started small.

I planned our meals.
For all of October and November.

Wow.
What a difference.
I knew what to buy at the grocery.
We wasted no food because what I bought was used.
Things were defrosted and ingredients were all on hand.

The holidays creeped in the way and I slacked off.
But, I am back on track.
I even added a blog page to keep me in line.

As long as I make my lists while someone is napping.

2 comments:

from mel said...

this is a daily challenge for me too. how did you do it? i always get freaked out by the huge-o grocery bill ( i know it saves in the long run) and my ever changing food cravings. any good recipe ideas?

Heidi said...

That is totally impressive Nessa. I have always wanted to do something like that but I just have not been able to get my act together.