11.29.2011

Feathers

We have down filled pillows on our couch.
Every now and then a feather sneaks out and ends up on the couch or floating around on the floor.

Feather

One day, Michael tickled Eva's face with the stray feather.
Across her forehead, down her nose, round and round her cheeks and under her chin.

I never find stray feathers anymore.
Eva finds them before we have a chance.

Holding Feather

She brings you the feather, tucks it in your hands.
She curls up in your lap, turns her face up to yours, closes her eyes...
smiles and waits.

Waits for you to tickle her face.
Then she takes the little feather and tickles you back.

Forehead feather

Little grins and giggles...
smiles and lap snuggles.

Simple moments we could have never imagined.
Moments we will always remember.


tuesdays unwrapped at cats

12 comments:

Sandra Kohlmann said...

Nessa, you're killing me with this story. Eva's little ritual sounds like something right out of a movie. I hope you've gotten this on video!

EMily said...

That is adorable! My son will purposefully fall on the floor and start laughing when he wants you to tickle him :)

Unknown said...

Moments to treasure are all too often moments overlooked or those whose joy is stolen by busyness. I love that the beauty in these moments have captured your attention and written themselves on your heart. Beautiful.
Tiny moments unwrapped for me today as well
www.allthingshis.com

Seeing Each Day said...

how lovely. beautiful gentle first photo of the feather.

Melanie said...

My beautiful Nessa, I missed your sweet sweet words, & seeing that little monsters A-dorable lil face! OMGoodness the little hands & feather shot is so perfect! Excited to finally catch up friend! Hope you and the fam had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Xo

Melanie said...

My beautiful Nessa, I missed your sweet sweet words, & seeing that little monsters A-dorable lil face! OMGoodness the little hands & feather shot is so perfect! Excited to finally catch up friend! Hope you and the fam had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Xo

Stefanie Brown said...

Visiting from Chatting at the Sky...

Wow, how I loved this read. With every word, I thought of my own little man, now 8. One of the things I absolutely, positively love about him is his "belly laugh". You know the kind. It's like music to my ears.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm a new follower through your RSS feed.

Have a blessed evening...

Lisa Ridgely said...

So sweet. Beautiful photography, too.

Amy Sullivan said...

Easily my favorite Tuesdays Unwrapped post.

Beautiful story told in such a poetic way.

Jennifer said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog an leaving some comment love! Your blog is sweet and your little girl is absolutely precious :)

Alene said...

You have me longing for simple moments. I know they are everywhere. I just need to breath and see them. Joining in on Tuesdays Unwrapped. Blessings.

Carol said...

A lovely genuine moment! Love this!