5.23.2014

dear deedle

Written February 15, 2014
image
Dear Deedle Bean,  

Wow!  Your already making your presence know.  This mommy has been sick-sick!  I thought I was getting away with it, then bam!  Six weeks hit and I guess so did all those precious baby growing hormones.   Right now all I want to eat are clementines, spicy Tom Yum soup and carbonated anything.  The rest of the time I usually am fighting through every bite.  Oh and the sleepiness!  I have been napping better than your brother and in bed by 9 o'clock.  

Love, Mama

Written March 16, 2014
image

Dear Deedle Bean,

We got to see you today.  You are all head and a little body.  There was a perfect fluttery heartbeat and you flapped your little arms and wiggled around for us.  

It never gets any less exciting to see a little tiny person on the screen.   You have been growing all safe and tucked in for weeks, but seeing you made all the sleepiness and nausea just fine.  Your daddy and I are the luckiest people in the world little Deedle. 

Love, Mama

Written April 9, 2014
image
Dear Deedle Bean,

I am sitting her having a coffee and cake break, your big brother and big sister are watching Mickey Mouse, and I am enjoying the feeling of you flipping over and over again.  I have felt tiny flips for a few weeks now.  But, today it isn't just a tiny second of feeling where I hold my breath waiting for it to maybe happen again.  Today it's been minutes, minutes of me misty eyed and almost gigging out loud at the same time.  Minutes of me shallow breathing and grinning from ear to ear.  And minutes of me marveling at the wonder of you, tucked away and growing strong. Hello little one.

Love, Mama

Written May 2, 2014
image
Dear Deedle Bean,

Today we could feel you from the outside.  Your sister and I sat on the couch, I was trying to not hold my breath, and she was chattering on excitedly.  You were kicking and thumping, telling the world, "Here I am!"  

Hello little one.  
Love us.

Written May 15, 2014
BIXLERANNESIA20140515153811545

Dear Deedle Bean,

Today was your big day.  Deedle on Parade!  Our little name for the grand inspection of you and all your parts.  You are growing perfectly.  Strong heart, hands and feet.  You are right on track with a big head just like your sister and brother.  You're in great company there.

Your sister came with your daddy and I to see you.  She has called you a girl from day one.  You have even been named Belle, Rapunzel and Princess Elsa.   (Do you see a theme?)  Then she started calling you a "him" at the ultra sound.  When asked, she still says your a sister. You see she already has a brother.  

We are keeping it a surprise, and if you are a boy or a girl, we already love you to pieces.  It was so good to see you, to see your perfect heart and brain.  I will get to hold you in a few months.  Oh how my heart flips at that idea - holding a little tiny you in my arms.

Love, Mama

Written May, 21, 2014
Dear Deedle Bean, 

Today we had our last doctor appointment in Columbus.  It's hard to believe we are halfway to meeting you!  In less than a month we will be all moved in to a new house and (hopefully) unpacked and settled in.

At your appointment today, when Dr. Boyles went to catch your heartbeat, you flipped and kicked and squirmed.  It sounded like demolition was going on in there.  She and I giggled.  When I giggle my belly button pops out and back in, back out and back in.  That made the doctor, me and even your sister laugh.  

You heartbeat was strong and steady.  Grow Deedle grow.

Love mama.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Perfect. Just perfect. Sending all my wishes for a calm, easy and obstacle free move!!